12 March 2013

I Will Pour Water

Today's leftover rainwater swelled the {very} little creek nearby our house.  It reminded me of a childhood home on five acres, a brother and sister on bikes, going out for "flood patrol", which was grand language that meant we were going out to see if any of the deep ditches along our road were about to overflow.

Up and down we road, sometimes finding part of the road submerged in maybe a half inch or so of water, which of course we rode right through.  Maybe sometimes the water was higher than that.  I don't recall.

Our mother somehow knew that we would be having these outdoor adventures, and never seemed too worried about clothes getting muddy.

Eventually the water would settle, and frogs and mosquitoes had plenty of time each spring to make use of the water in the ditches.

I love spring rains.  I love the way everything in nature draws new green from the drops out of the sky.  I love the scent, the abundance, the sound of extra water overflowing their normal course. 

On a reasonable scale, of course.  I don't want anyone losing house and home and crops.

Which is something I love even more about the Water of Life, that Water poured out in abundance that can never be too much.

So reflect with me today about being thirsty.  Spiritually thirsty.  And then reflect on being....filled, overflowing, yet never wanting less.

"For I will pour water on him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:  I will pour My Spirit upon thy seed, and My blessing upon thine offspring."  Isaiah 44:3, KJV

4 comments:

  1. I love this text :)

    Also giggled at the flood patrol kiddos :). So much fun!! Jenae and I delighted in the rain and puddles when we were little, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled at the flood patrol - Jenae and I always enjoyed rain and post rain puddles!!

    Beautiful text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, yes, flood patrol!! Kids are MADE to get dirty and have fun! I was always -- well, usually -- glad when you did! Love these pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a creek to patrol, but would get very excited to watch the edges of lakes and rivers as we drove by. A little bit of a flood is always exciting, even at my age. I'm so glad that God wants to flood all His love and blessings on us every day. That is the best flood of all.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.