29 May 2013

Snapshots

Life is quite a mess today.  Boxes everywhere.  Empty ones, full ones, half-full ones.

Life is full of good things for the taste buds today.  Chocolate banana smoothies for breakfast.  (I would tell you where I got the recipe, but it is already sealed in a box.  I could reproduce it by memory, but then I would need to give you the source, which I do not know by heart.) Homemade granola.  And looking forward to a staff social tonight prepared by other hands.

Life is full of weeds and flowers and little volunteer trees, transplanted, today.  Some flowers, I planted.  Some weeds, I pulled.  The little trees, I watered.  Next week, I leave behind all my campus plantings for others to enjoy, for others to water, for others to weed.  I don't get to see them in their full late-summer glory, but they were still a balm to my heart this spring.  And I remember:  the other woman who planted flowers on campus isn't enjoying them this spring, either.  I'm simply glad she planted them, for their blooms still cheer the path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.