31 May 2013

Happy Anniversary

We spent it packing, and beginning the process of putting nearly all our belongings in storage for the summer.
We spent it with friends, who have up their day to carry boxes and furniture and all kinds of heavy things.
We spent it with our friends' children, who wanted not so much to play as to help me put the kitchen in boxes.
We spent it with a musician, who took us to dinner and then to her yard full of blooms, who beautifully played a beautiful love song in our honor on her beautiful piano.
We spent it with the five fireflies who came out to blink just for me.
We spent it with each other, more glad than ever to be united for life.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad I saw the photos just a few days before, it was like I knew. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.