15 May 2013

Jonah in the Whale, Part 2: How Not to be a Jonah

I felt like I ended my post on Jonah without a solution.  I felt like I examined the problem we get into, in our human weakness, but I didn't have words for what to do about it.  But I just read some good ones (words) that say it beautifully and succinctly.

" If we keep uppermost in our minds the unkind and unjust acts of others, we shall find it impossible to love them as Christ has loved us; but if our thoughts dwell upon the wondrous love and pity of Christ for us, the same spirit will flow out to others."

White, Ellen G.  Steps to Christ.  Hagerstown, MD:  Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1908, p.121.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to memorize this. It may be the solution.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.