08 January 2013

Clashing Cymbals

"If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal." 1 Corinthians 13:1, New American Bible

Cymbals are great if they're played at the right time.  But if not?

Well, I know that the word "clashing" in this version is meant to mean the sound the cymbal makes, but it makes me think of when the cymbal doesn't play in the right place.  Usually everyone knows it, and that's not when you want to be the cymbal player.

Or think of all the kinds of music that really don't need cymbals.  Like nocturnes, lullabies, romantic mood music.  A clashing cymbal there would REALLY clash.  You wouldn't want to be the cymbal player who ruined those moments, either.

But that's how out-of-place and truly humiliating before God it is to try to do His work without His love.
I don't want that to be me.

Photo:  Don't stand under slanted metal roofs this time of year.  That could potentially be painful and humiliating, too.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I LOVE the new looks! The gorgeous cherry blossoms (or peach or some other like "minded" ;-) flowering tree) and the pink too. I don't know Why I just can't change the looks of my blog. I think it would unsettle me too much. The template and color haven't ever changed, the only thing I changed was adding my queen anne's lace photo to the "mast" as they call it.

    You also changed your description in "About" -- very refreshing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the new look! Always fun to have you stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.