01 December 2012

Sing We All of Christmas: Twenty-five Carols (Introduction)

Today, just now, I am between the worship service and the afternoon "Messiah Sing along".  While Handel's Messiah covers the entire history and prophecy of salvation, we most often hear and perform sections of it at Christmastime.

Our choir joins another school this afternoon in hosting a sing along--in which everyone who attends may participate.

As I sing this afternoon about the greatest story ever told, I hope you too will contemplate the gift God gave us in Immanuel:  God With Us.

In the days leading up to Christmas, I hope you'll come to this space frequently for the history, music, and message of twenty-five Christmas carols.  Some will be the beloved favorites, while others may be texts and tunes you don't expect.

And please, spread the word, share your favorites with me in the comments throughout the series, and sing with the heart and the understanding this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.