26 December 2012

The Day After All the Singing

Well, we've had a lot of music here lately.  Come to think of it, there's always enough music in my life, too.  But today I wanted to do a little update on other things, since I'm now in the habit of posting every day.  (I do like to write, after all.)
I've planned to bake several things, but haven't yet.  I wanted to make fruit salad, but the pears are still hard.  But here are a few ideas I've had.
• Pumpkin gingerbread from Simply   Recipes http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pumpkin_gingerbread/.
• Cinnamon Rolls
Savory Onion Rolls (that look like cinnamon rolls, only with onions inside)
I'm enjoying having my husband around ALL day EVERY day, and consider myself so blessed that I have a husband I enjoy so much.  We've been exercising together, sitting by the wood stove together, playing games together, doing puzzles together, running errands together (which I usually do by myself and enjoy, but it's more fun when he's with me).  Sounds dreamy, right?  That's life with a great man. 
I think I am at the point where I can keep unpacking and doing chores while also having time and space for more crafty things to be happening.  I'll keep you posted if and when I get going.
I read this morning about the benefits of fresh air, sunshine, exercise.  Have you aired out your home lately?  I cracked some windows for a while today, and the whole house felt fresher in a matter of minutes.  Air is great stuff.  :)
So is snow.  It's beautiful out where we live today.  So we took a walk in it, and saw that someone else had the same idea.  (See photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.