06 September 2013

This Week in the Garden, and Moment by Moment Living

My mom graciously sent these photos of the garden so I could see it really beginning to produce.  Check out how many tomatillos and green beans there are!  Even the Love Lies Bleeding is beginning to put out its cascading blooms.  It's amazing to me how much noticeable growth there is in the garden every week, and it all just happens a moment at a time, imperceptibly growing and changing.

It's a good reminder for me during this week of change and detail and newness, and it reminds me of a hymn.  Mind if I share?

Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine, Living with Jesus, a new life divine,       Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine,    Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.

Chorus:

Moment by moment I'm kept in His love; Moment by moment I've life from above; Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;  Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.

Never a trial that He is not there, Never a burden that He doth not bear, Never a sorrow that He doth not share, Moment by moment I'm under His care.

Chorus

Never a heartache, and never a groan, Never a teardrop and never a moan, Never a danger but there on the throne, Moment by moment He thinks of His own.

Chorus

Never a weakness that He doth not feel, Never a sickness that He cannot heal; Moment by moment, in woe or in weal, Jesus, my Savior, abides with me still.

Chorus

Source:  The Seventh-day Adventist Hymnal, number 507.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.