20 April 2016

The Butterflies are Back


The dill patch looks beyond bad, all drying out and making seeds.  But there's just enough life in the patch to support our latest crop of butterflies, and I just don't have the heart to tear out the food source for these tiny friends of mine, merely for the looks of my yard.


I'll just have to wait until the tiniest ones grow big and fat and wander off to make their chyrsalises.


Meanwhile, if the need arises, I'll simply tell people the garden is a mess but there are treasures hidden inside it.


And I'll hope for the chance to see this little jewel all hatched out into a real live adult butterfly.

1 comment:

  1. There certainly is a treasure hidden inside! The first year that I grew parsley- I was so frustrated when the caterpillars seemed to take over- then I did some research and realized they were butterflies in the making. So this year- I planted a second parsley plant- enough for me and them! :) Glad to see you posting again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.