17 July 2014

We Built the Shed (and Reflections on Choosing a Great Husband)


It took us a lot of hours, but we worked well together, and have all but the inside flooring done.  How exciting is that?!

I couldn't help but think throughout the process of all the things you don't plan for when you're dating your spouse.  My husband and I have been through so many things during our four years of marriage that I couldn't have possibly imaged when I said "I do."

You don't picture building sheds, moving from state to state, grieving with friends, traveling, attending weddings, and just carrying out the day to day responsibilities of life together.

Well, you try to picture all that stuff, but since there's no real way that you can predict how another person will handle all those things till death do you part, you observe everything you can and then take the step of faith before God and all your witnesses at the altar.

After four years of happy marriage and after getting that shed finished, I am delighted to report that my husband consistently shines through even better than I imagined he would in all the varied experience these four years have sent us through.

Yes, we are normal people who have our difficulties in life, but this marriage thing is great, and I'm glad to be in it for life.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... that's so amazingly awesomely great!

    and... before I forget!!

    CONGRATULATIONS on the shed, YOU DID IT! And that thing seems to be HUGE, seriously! bigger than the one K & my dad assembled. I'm sure it will be very helpful to you. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I hope you don't have to move it any time soon!!! ;-)

    P.S. while in FL we actually found out about this other Brazilian family that moved there in January. We don't really know them, but the guy went to school with BILs and cousins of my husband. We did talk to the wife about you guys, though, and said we were your friends. That guy sings & used to direct a choir (in a loose Brazilian kind of way, if you know what I mean, probably not exactly, but you get the idea), In any case, pretty small world, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. A marriage that can build a shed together is solid. So happy for both you at your accomplishments. (I'm eyeing your watermelons.)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.