15 February 2013

The Things We do for Fun


We settle in a little, and decide we really should hike the Butte.  My in-laws own the hiking portion, and we want to go to the top.  But the very first steep part is covered in two inches of ice.  We attempt, without success, and decide it's safer to go on some other adventure.


Thus we walk to the end of the property, where little tree-babies grow undisturbed.  I notice that one of them has been sawed down, and pick it up.  It's flying through the air before we know it.  Who can throw it farthest?  What angle makes it fly the best?  


I try throwing a couple of times, but decide my talents are best put to use taking rapid fire photos with my phone.  These things must be documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.