17 October 2012

What I've Been Up To

 Hiking.  With my husband on Sabbaths.
 Hiking.  With my new friend on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
 Canning.  Attempting to finish the apple juice and
start the apple sauce after I get back from hiking.
 Enjoying the tree next door.  It's a flaming torch I can see 
from the bottom of our hill, from town, from the peak I hike to.
 Enjoying the scenery and socializing at our school's recent barn party.
And while these bikes still hang from their barn perch,
I have released a bird from the basement.
I'm still not sure how it got in the basement in the first place,
but he and I were equally happy when he flew 
out the door into the glorious fall sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. You've got such a lovely place to hike, even more lovely then I imagined. I'm glad you get to go so often. You are going to be really healthy with exercise, fresh air, friendship, and applesauce to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.