20 October 2011

Immune Boosting Drink

Somehow it's the time of year when busy students come down with little sicknesses, and often keep coming to school with their colds in tow. I'm one of them. I don't have anything too major--just a little soarness in the throat. But I pulled out the big guns (in addition to a little extra sleep), and made my good friend's famous Immune Boosting Drink.

It's not for the faint of heart, but I promise that if you dare to try it next time you start to get sick, you will very likely actually think it tastes good. And your body will thank you. Here's the recipe.


6 lemons, juiced

6 cloves garlic

1/2 onion

thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger (or dump in some ground ginger if you don't have fresh)

1/2 c raw honey

1/2 t (or more) cayenne pepper


If you're like me, you'll blend it up and add enough water to make two quarts, drinking one quart before bed and one quart the next morning. If you're even braver like my husband, you'll leave out the honey, blend up everything else, and drink it straight, WITHOUT dilluting it at all.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling my husband and your husband may have a thing or two in common! ;)

    Sounds mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really amused at your tonic! Hope I don't need this
    blessing. But it would actually do a person good.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.