25 March 2008

Eternal Spring


I didn't even have to stick my nose up into the tree to smell its flowers--the breeze brought the sweet scent right to my senses, where I could not ignore its beauty. As if I would want to ignore it.

There are lawns in my neighborhood filled with purple and white violets, and I dearly wish for the same to happen in my lawn--it may take several years, but they're getting a start.

I wonder if I am getting younger every spring. Each time it comes, my eagerness swells beyond the point of return and I greet each flower as though it is both the first I have seen and the last I will ever see.

If that is my experience for all eternity, I dare not miss even a moment of it.

2 comments:

  1. With what extravagance has the Lord lavished His beauty on creation! The Christian who loves beauty's God has his eyes opened to all the loveliness in God's handiwork. Wherever he turns he finds an embarrassment of riches.

    I pray that, as the Psalms say, the beauty of the Lord will rest upon me, and that He will establish the work of my hands. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And amen! I quiver with delight to think with what beauty the new creation will be adorned, once sin and all its blemishes are removed.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.