14 November 2013

Life's Current Delights

I finished my October series with more things to say than I had when I began.  I felt as though I had merely touched the surface of the depths of encouragement Jesus has for us in the Bible.  Writing does that for me.  It's the beginning, not the end, of my thought processes, and the more I write, the more I am able to write.

Yet I've been a little quiet over here.  I've had to let my days flow around some other things, while my list of things to share just keeps growing.

Here's what I've been up to.

I began accompanying some of my husband's school choirs.  Have you been in a room full of middle schoolers lately?  Their energy is by turns exhausting and delightful.

A friend encouraged me to open up my sewing machine and attempt to adjust the needle alignment myself.  I'm glad I did.  I saved between $60 and $80 on what would have been a super basic fix.  I may still have it adjusted down the road sometime, because it's not completely perfect, but it's back to basic functionality.

The room in the house which once had the largest pile of boxes in it is now free from every last scrap of cardboard.  I think that means we're getting settled.  :)

I've welcomed several handymen into the house to have things repaired.  Things that needed {and got} quick attention.

A new Goodwill recently opened near my home.  Yep.  I'm one of those.  My first trip cost me less than $6, and I ended up with some great things to {wash and} wear.  I love a good deal.

For two days in a row, I got to wear sweaters, and one of the days I even got to wear cozy socks.  It felt so homey.  I think we'll be back to summer temperatures for the weekend, but having a taste of fall was priceless.

If you live where you get to rake leaves, will you jump in the pile an extra time for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, fellow climbers! Leave your marks on the steps--I'll be delighted to hear from you.